A 25-a ediţie a Festivalului Naţional de Teatru a fost inaugurată oficial aseară de către directorul artistic al Festivalului – Marina Constantinescu, în prezenţa Ministrului Culturii – Ionuţ Vulpescu, a consilierului Preşedintelui României – Sergiu Nistor şi, bineînţeles, a amfitrionului Teatrului Naţional „I.L.Caragiale” din Bucureşti, actorul Ion Caramitru.
The 25th edition of the National Theatre Festival has been officially inaugurated last night by festival artistic director, Marina Constantinescu, in presence of the Minister of Culture, Ionuţ Vulpescu, of the counselor of the President of Romania, Sergiu Nistor and, of course, of the host of the evening, the general manager of the „I.L.Caragiale” National Theatre Bucharest, actor Ion Caramitru.
The second day of the festival programs seven performances invited from Bucharest, Craiova and Cluj, as follows:
– Starting 18.00, at the New Hall of the Comedy Theatre, The Stronger by August Strindberg, a lab-performance directed by Antoaneta Cojocaru, set design by Vladimir Turturică, produced by The Comedy Theatre Bucharest , duration: 1h (no intermission)
– Also starting at 18.00, at Teatrul Foarte Mic (Very Small Theatre), Cats’ House, written and directed by Radu Iacoban, set design by Mihaela Ularu, produced by Teatrul Mic (The Small Theatre) Bucharest, duration: 1h 30 min (no intermission)
– Starting 18.00 and 21.00 at the Small Hall of the “I. L. Caragiale” National Theatre Bucharest, The Emigrants by Sławomir Mrożek, directed by Tudor Lucanu, set design by Cristian Rusu, produced by The “Lucian Blaga” National Theatre Cluj-Napoca, duration: 1h 35 min (no intermission)
– Starting 20.00, at the Bulandra Theatre, Studio Space, the spectators are invited to Conversations after a Burial by Yasmina Reza, directed by Alexandru Darie, set design by Octavian Neculai, produced by The Bulandra Theatre, Bucharest, duration: 2h (no intermission)
– Starting at 21.00 at the Comedy Theatre, this time at the „Radu Beligan” Hall, a performance of the “Marin Sorescu” National Theatre in Craiova, BreakIN after Răzvan Petrescu, written and directed by Dragoş Alexandru Muşoiu, set design by arh. Andreea Simona Negrilă, duration: 1h 30 min (no intermission)
– At the Grand Hall of the Metropolis Theatre, at 20.00, the audiences will have the pleasure to watch A Midsummer Night’s Dream, by William Shakespeare, directed by Victor Ioan Frunză, set and costume design by Adriana Grand, produced by The Metropolis Theatre Bucharest, duration: 2h 5 min (one intermission). The performance will be live streamed on the website www.adevarul.ro
– As part of the ON AIR. RADIOPHONIC THEATRE section, at 22.20 Radio România Cultural will air „A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by William Shakespeare, directed by Cristian Munteanu, p roduced by Teatrul Naţional Radiofonic, a recording from 1987, and preserved in the Golden Phonotheque of the Romanian Radio Broadcasting Company.
At 16.00, in the foyer of the „Toma Caragiu” Hall of the „L.S. Bulandra” Theatre, the first exhibition launch of the NTF will take place, opening the series „Memory of the Romanian Theatre”. The photography exhibition titled „The Miracle of Seduction” is dedicated to the great actress of the Romanian stage, Gina Patrichi / and comprises over 70 personal photographs, family pictures or images of the performances in which the well know artist played, faithfully serving the Theatre. A production of the National Theatre Festival.
Photo credit: Adriana Grand
October 24th 2015